6 years after modding my 20D it is time for a small upgrade. I acquired a second 40D to modify and used two tutorials as guide. I ran into two issues.
The first I encountered quite early on. The square white connector on the main PCB (printed circuit board - the green card with electronic components)
of the camera was sealed with a black glue. This prevented me from simply sliding out the optical cable and forced me to spend an hour carefully removing
glue with a pincer... The second one was the old filter turned out to be very brittle. It started cracking while I cut the adhesive holding it. When I
lifted it out it broke. Luckily thanks to a layer of coating it held together, but glass splinters were all over the sensor. I managed to clean them all
out with compressed air. I did end up with a few dust specks under the filter, but they are in the periphery and shouldn't bother me too much.